Discover Siem Reap's secrets by remork, enjoy a local boat trip, see a floating village, take the back-roads back to town. See seasonal agricultural activities like cricket catching, rice planting and harvesting, fish paste (prohoc making), duck farming.
What to Expect
Discover Siem Reap's secrets as you explore by remork (Cambodian tuk tuk) on a half day tour in Siem Reap. Leaving Siem Reap we travel through the countryside to Tonle Sap Lake.
The Tonle Sap one of the world’s most productive bodies of fresh water. In the wet season, the Tonle Sap Lake swells to 12,000 km². During the dry half of the year, the lake shrinks to as small as 2500 km², draining into the Tonle Sap River. Each year, millions of fish come to spawn in the seasonally flooded forest surrounding the lake, attracting a myriad of water birds as well as people, who have settled in villages along the shores and who live with the rhythm of the water. This ecosystem was classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1997.
Take a boat trip around the lake to see floating villages and get a taste for life ruled by monsoonal rains and water-based agriculture. Afterwards jump back on the remork to return to Siem Reap.
Take the back roads back to town on this half day tour in Siem Reap and witness seasonal agricultural activities like cricket catching, rice planting and harvesting, smoking fish, fish paste (prohoc making), duck farming. Stop at a local village to pick up Khmer snacks and explore. Visit a Buddhist monastery before heading home.
- Transport (remork and local boat)
- English speaking local guide
- Khmer snacks
What's Not Included
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for drivers or guide
Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Additional information: For most of the year it is hot when exploring. The guide will make regular stops where you can purchase water and snacks. Please keep hydrated and bring sunscreen and hats to protect yourself from the sun.
• Dress standard: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
• Child policy: Children must be 6 years of age or older. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this half day tour in Siem Reap.