Take a guided tour of Tonle Sap Lake to visit the floating villages of Siem Reap, complete with floating schools, markets and more. The 4-hour trip includes an English-speaking guide, private boat and round-trip transportation from your Siem Reap hotel.
What to Expect
Get a unique experience while in Siem Reap as you head for the Tonle Sap Lake to explore the famous floating villages. Immerse yourself in an intriguing atmosphere and watch the locals go about their daily life in their extraordinary aquatic environment.
Visit one of the largest of the floating villages located on the Tonle Sap Lake, traveling by boat with a private guide. Home to Khmer and ethnic Vietnamese and Cham communities, let your guide explain how life evolved around the lake, how life continues to this day and what threats the communities and their dwellings face.
Visit the floating crocodile and fish farm (depending on current water levels) and then onto the famous Queen Tara in the heart of the floating village for lunch and a couple of free drinks.
Look out for the local bird life. The reserve is home to a bird sanctuary and attracts a rich array of birds, from painted stork to a large colony of spot billed pelicans.
Departure time 08:00. Each tour lasts approximately 4 hours door-to-door, taking you from your Siem Reap accommodation to the heart of the “Great Lake” as it is popularly called.
- English speaking guide
- Check point
- Cold towels
- Entrance fees
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Children 10 or under are half price, children 5 or under are free
• Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+ years)
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately