After seeing the iconic up-cycled accessories made from cement bags nearly everywhere, get a chance to make your own bag. During this course, choose your material and sew your custom laptop sleeve or tote bag with a seasoned seamstress.
What to Expect
Start by choosing the material for your laptop sleeve, tote, or messenger bag. If you have ideas for other designs, consult your seamstress to discover what is possible during the class. With a wide variety of tools and material available, you are encouraged to get creative. Select from options like the classic cement bag with the elephant design as well as fish feed or fertilizer bags—or use a bit of everything.
Next, indicate your laptop size and cut out a cardboard template. Under the guidance of a patient seamstress, cut the recycled material and then sew the pieces of the template together to make your final laptop sleeve. You are encouraged to get creative with a wide variety of tools and materials available.
- Guided lesson to make a laptop sleeve
- Sewing machine rental and cement bag
- Live tour commentary provided in English
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You must be 14 or older.
• Maximum group size is 4 people.
• An additional surcharge of USD $5 for creating your own bag design is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
• Hours of operation are 9 AM–2 PM. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.