Get a unique insight into how a fishing village works, together with a visit to the flooded forest. This tour includes an expert guide and a light fruit lunch.
What to Expect
You leave Siem Reap at 9:00 am and travel south/east through small beautiful rural villages and rice fields towards the great lake. Depending on the time of year and the current water levels you go as far as you can by road where your boats will be waiting for you.
You travel the rest of the way by boat down the Kompong Phluk river and into the main village. The village is home to approx 3000 predominately Khmer fishing people, where, depending on the time of year, you will either sail on through the main street of the village (when the water is high the roads become a river) or walk along it in the low water level season. Whichever way, its a great opportunity to see how the rural fishing villages work/live and go about there daily tasks. There are a few schools, large bob-ha pergola and many stilted homes towering some 9 meters high to adapt to the changing water levels. It is a lovely peaceful place to visit anytime of the year, as well as seeing how a vast majority of Cambodians live as fishermen or farmers and get an insight into their way of life.
From there you transfer into a small boats and row you through the flooded forest of Kompong Phluk. The name of Kompong Phluk means “harbor of the tusks”. You then proceed onto the great lake itself and see the small floating village which moves in and out depending on the water levels, as the community works around the seasonal variance of the great lake as the actual level of the lake can vary by up to 10 meters. All boats are licensed and captained by experienced drivers and all include life jackets. At the end of the day, enjoy a return transfer to your Hotel/Guesthouse in Siem Reap by 1pm.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Siem Reap
- English speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Check point fees
- Boat trips
- Water and lunch (light fruit lunch)
- Tour of the village of Kompong Phluk
- Tour of the forest
- Tour of the great lake
- Visit of the grand Pergola
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Children 10 and under are half price; children 5 and under are free
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Age 18+ for alcoholic drinks