Visit the floating village on a 4-hour guided tour of Tonle Sap Lake from Siem Reap. See stilt houses and a floating school. Pass fields of lotus flowers. Then go to a crocodile and fish farm to discover more about the trade of Tonle Sap.
What to Expect
Explore the floating village on the Tonle Sap Lake on a half-day guided tour from Siem Reap. The tour is the perfect option if you don't have time to visit Prek Toal or Kompong Phluk.
Following a pick-up from your hotel or guesthouse, transfer by air-conditioned vehicle to the Port near Phnom Krom. Your English and Khmer-speaking guide will point out areas of local interest along the way and answer any questions you may have. Pass rice paddies and fields of lotus flowers - a deeply important flower in Buddhism. Please note: the views of the lotus and rice fields will vary depending on the time of year.
Stop at the stilted houses just before the lake. See how the water levels affect the way people live. Marvel at a floating school. Continue to a crocodile and fish farm on the lake (depending on current water levels). Learn about some of the trades of the people on the lake. If catfish, crocodiles and large snakes don't interest you, there is a souvenir shop and viewing deck on board where you can purchase souvenirs and take some stunning photographs of the views.
During the boat ride through the floating village, watch the locals going about their daily life. Briefly enter the edge of the Great Lake before docking at the Queen Tara, the biggest boat on the lake, in the heart of the floating village. Enjoy a well-deserved meal and 2 free drinks. After lunch, take a seat on the viewing deck and watch the world go by.
Depart the Queen Tara and journey back to the port. Here, an air-conditioned vehicle will be waiting to transport you back to your hotel or guesthouse in Siem Reap.
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or guesthouse in Siem Reap
- Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Meal with 2 drinks (soft drink, beer, spirits or champagne) on the Queen Tara
- All checkpoint fees
- Tour of the floating village and the crocodile and fish farm
Know Before You Go
• Children aged 10 years old and under pay half price. Children younger than 5 years old can join for free
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• The minimum drinking age is 18 years old
• A vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
• This tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
• Please note that this tour is dependent on the water levels of the lake