Banteay Srey, Kbal Spean Jungle Walk and Roluos Group
From $80 per personBook now
- Visit Banteay Srey Temple, which has the most intricate carvings that can be seen in the Angkor Wat region
- Trek through Kbal Spean and experience the Kpal Spean Rock Bridge and Waterfalls
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at an open-air restaurant and take in the breathtaking views of surrounding mountains
- Drive to the magnificent Rolous Group of Temples to the east of Siem Rewp
This 'Jewel in the Crown' of all the Angkor Temples is a very small and unique temple, which boasts the finest carvings in the Angkor region. Almost every surface has been decorated with intricate three-dimensional carvings. Banteay Srey continues to be maintained beautifully in its original condition.
We visit Banteay Srey when the morning light illuminates the red stone of the temple. This is the best time to experience and photograph this distinctive temple. Its picturesque moat and waterlilies add to the beautiful scene. Arriving early also ensures you can intimately experience Banteay Srey before the large tour groups arrive.
We drive on to Kbal Spean, commonly known as ‘The Valley of a 1000 Lingas’. You will have ample time to experience the beauty of this site and enjoy the steep walk to the famous Kbal Spean Rock Bridge and waterfalls. You will also see intricate and historic carvings of animals and Hindu Deities at this site. Lunch will then be served in an open-air restaurant, which boasts views of the surrounding jungle clad hills.
We take a drive to the East of Siem Reap to visit the moated Temple of Bakong and the Roluos group these are some of the oldest temples in the Angkor group. Bakong is a 10th Century stone pyramid with a lotus flower tower added in the 12th Century. It’s a great place for the afternoon light before sunset when the brick towers glow red.
You can expect to arrive back in Siem Reap at approximately 18:00-18:30.
- Bottled Water
- Qualified English-speaking Khmer tour guide
- One-day Temple Pass at USD $20 payable on entrance to the temples
- Additional snacks or refreshments
Please note that we require 24 hours notice of your pick-up location. Our Tour office is located at 435 Street 20, Wat Bo Road, Siem Reap. Please be ready 15 minutes before advertised tour time. Please let us know where you are staying after booking. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 5583