Explore the mysterious 11th-century temple complex of Beng Mealea and visit one of the floating villages of Tonle Sap Lake on a combined full-day tour from Siem Reap. Interact with the locals and learn about the fishing and farming life in Cambodia.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day excursion to the mysterious 11th-century temple of Beng Mealea in the sprawling jungle, and visit the floating village of Chong Phneas on Tonle Sap Lake on a combined tour from Siem Reap.
Following a pick-up from your Siem Reap hotel at 08:00, drive through the Cambodian outback for approximately 36 miles (60 kilometers) to the enigmatic 11th-century Beng Melea Temple, an Angkor-style temple where the vines and roots of ancient trees grow through the broken galleries.
The impressive “lost” temple complex is primarly made from sandstone and contains carvings of Buddhist motifs, along with extensive carvings of scenes from Hindu mythology among the towers, courtyards, and piles of stones lying in heaps among the thick brush.
After lunch, glide along Tonle Sap Lake, cruising to the floating village of Chong Phneas. This is one of the most atmospheric settlements of the lake, where the abundant fish serve to provide the locals with their source of income. Meet some of the fishermen to learn more about their everyday lives. Then, visit a fish farm and a crocodile farm.
Drive back to Siem Reap to watch a traditional Apsara dance show, and be dazzled by the costumed dancers presenting a graceful display of Cambodian folk stories as you enjoy a buffet dinner.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in Siem Reap
- Transportation with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and cool towels
- 1-day ticket to Beng Mealea
- Ticket for boat tour to the floating village
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All the services mentioned in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Drinks at restaurant
- Buffet dinner with Apsara Dance Show
- Tips for the guide and driver, and personal expenses
- Any service not mentioned in the program
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy: no show - 100% charge; cancellation 1 week to 1 day before tour - 50% charge; 2-1 week before tour - 30% of tour price; 3-2 weeks before tour - 10 % of tour price; 4 weeks or more - no charge