Explore the temples of the Khmer Empire on a full-day tour of Banteay Srey and Beng Mealea from Siem Reap, and admire the intricate Ankorian bas refiefs. Learn about sugar palm production at a local village, watch an Apsara dance, and more.
What to Expect
Tour 2 temples of the Angkor complex on a full-day tour of Bantaey Srey and Beng Mealea, and learn more about the ancient Khmer Empire and its rulers.
You will be picked up at your Siem Reap hotel at 08:00 for the drive to Banteay Srey near Phnom Dei. Located about 16 miles (25 kilometers) from the main Angkor complex, Banteay Srey belonged to the medieval capital of Yasodharapura and Angkor Thom. Considered a jewel of Khmer art, the carvings in its red sandstone walls, and ornate pediments depict Khmer myths and legends.
After lunch, continue to Beng Mealea, 24 miles (40 kilometers) east of the main Angkor complex. The Hindu temple dates from the early 12th century, and preceded Angkor Wat. It is thought to have provided the prototype for the later capital. Tour the temple, covered in thick tangles of fig tree roots.
Return to Siem Reap for a buffet dinner and watch a traditional Apsara dance, where the graceful dancers recreate scenes of Cambodian folklore and legend. En route, and time permitting, you will stop at local villages to learn how sugar is extracted from the sugar palms.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in Siem Reap
- Transportation with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and cool towels
- 1-day Ankor Pass
- 1-day ticket to Beng Mealea
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All the services mentioned in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Drinks at restaurant
- Buffet dinner with Apsara Dance Show
- Tips for the guide and driver, and personal expenses
- Any service not mentioned in the program
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy: no show - 100% charge; cancellation 1 week to 1 day before tour - 50% charge; 2-1 week before tour - 30% of tour price; 3-2 weeks before tour - 10 % of tour price; 4 weeks or more - no charge