Watch the sunrise over Angkor Wat on a 9-hour bike tour of the Angkor Kingdom, and cycle around the ruins of the temples in the soft morning light. Ride hidden trails to escape the crowds, and enjoy Khmer cuisine for lunch as well as breakfast favorites.
What to Expect
Experience an unforgettable 9-hour morning bike ride of the back trails of the Angkor Kingdom of Angkor Wat, and see the legendary temples in the soft morning light.
Following a pick-up from your Siem Reap hotel, transfer by air-conditioned vehicle to Angkor Wat where your guide will pick out the perfect position to watch the dawn break. If the weather gods are with you, the sun will rise up behind Angkor Wat and provide the most stunning of silhouettes.
As the other early risers head back to their hotel, you will have Angkor to yourselves in the best light of the day. Your guide will give you an overview of Angkor Wat, after which you will take a short ride to enjoy breakfast just outside the temple area.
The rest of your day is spent riding the back trails, cycling through ruins and forest, and stopping at iconic and lesser known temples, such as Bayon and Ta Prom. Stop for a lunch of typical Khmer cuisine by the small reservoir of Sra Srang, and, just as the day heats up, drive back to town for your hotel drop-off at approximately 14:00.
- Top quality trek
- Merida and Giant mountain bikes with helmet
- English-speaking guide
- Transfers and support by air-conditioned minivan (for breaks from cycling etc.)
- A delicious breakfast and lunch (mixture of the best of Khmer cuisine and some breakfast favorites)
- Snacks, fruit, and drinking water throughout the tour
What's Not Included
- Angkor Wat Pass (necessary). If you don't already have one, you can purchase one upon entry to the Angkor Zone on the morning of the tour
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the start time of this tour varies throughout the year, depending on the time of sunrise.