Explore the mysterious ruins of Angkor Wat on a 2-day discovery tour of the Khmer Empire temples and monuments of Siem Reap. Take a boat ride through a flooded forest to the village of Kampong Phluk to watch a spectacular sunset, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the majestic monuments of the former capitals of the Khmer Empire on a 2-day discovery tour of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. Sail through an atmospheric flooded forest to the small village of Kampong Phluk, see a traditional Apsara Dance Show, and more.
Day 1: Angkor Thom Small Circuit
Following a pick-up from Siem Reap Airport, transfer to your hotel before the start of your first day’s tour. Once you have settled in, your guide will take you on the Small Circuit of Angkor Thom to see the Bayon Temple, and the Hindu temple of Phimeanakas. Discover where the Angkor rulers would watch their returning armies from the Terrace of the Elephants.
After lunch at your own expense, start your tour of the magnificent temple of Angkor Wat, built by King Suryavarman II in honor of the god Vishnu. Entangled in thick jungle and the roots of fig trees, it’s the most impressive of all the Khmer temples. Return to Siem Reap for dinner, including a traditional Apsara Dance Show.
Day 2: Banteay Srei - Ta Promh - Kampong Phluk
Today starts with a tour of the Banteay Srei Temple, built largely of a hard red sandstone that can be carved like wood. Brick and literate were only used for the enclosure walls and some structural elements, and the temple is especially remarkable for the beauty of its sandstone lintels and pediments.
Drive back to the temple of Ta Prohm, instantly recognizable from the blockbuster movie “Tomb Raider,” and lunch at a local restaurant at your own expense.
In the afternoon you will be transfered to Kampong Phluk, the most atmospheric floating village in Siem Reap. Learn about everyday life on Tonle Sap Lake as you glide through the flooded forest. Watch a magical sunset, before you transfer back to Siem Reap and the end of your tour services.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Airport transfers
- English-speaking guide
- Boat trip to Kampong Phluk flooded village
- Dinner, with Apsara Dance Show
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- 2-day Angkor Pass
- Bottled water
What's Not Included
- Hotel or guesthouse accommodation
- Alcoholic drinks and drinks at mealtimes
- Optional visits
- Tips and personal expenses
- Cambodia arrival visa (USD 20)
- Personal travel insurance (must include helicopter evacuation for Cambodia)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- All flight tickets and airport and departure taxes (Cambodia USD 25)
- Other services not clearly indicated in the itinerary
Pick-up from Siem Reap hotels or the airport
Know Before You Go
• Children aged 2-12 are entitled to a 30% discount on transfers, excursions and package tours, provided they share a room with adults and require no extra bed (maximum of 2 children per party). Children requiring their own rooms are charged as adults, but will be granted a 50% discount on applicable airfares. The rates are chargeable as per the total number of the party