Explore the mysterious 12th-century temples of King Suryavarman II on a full-day tour of Angkor Wat and Ta Promh, and see the main sights of the former capital of the Khmer Empire. Return to Siem Reap to watch a traditional Apsara dance at dinner.
What to Expect
Enjoy a fascinating full-day tour of the majestic Khmer Empire temples of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, and go to the early Khmer temple of Beng Mealea to see a prototype for the later Angkor capital.
Start with a tour of Angkor Thom, via the South Gate entrance. Visit the main temple of Bayon (4-Faced Temple) to see the last great temple to be built at the Angkor complex. Experience up-close where the Khmer rulers watched their returning armies from the Terrace of the Elephants, and see the stunning 3-tiered temple of Baphoun, where a 51-year restoration project has finally been completed.
Next, experience the steamy environment of the jungle at the tree-covered temple of Ta Promh, where the blockbuster movie “Tomb Raider” was shot.
After lunch, continue your temples tour at the legendary Angkor Wat complex, the most famous of the Khmer kingdom temples, and site of its former capital. Admire exquisite carvings and bas reliefs dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu, and see scenes depicting Hindu mythology. Back in Siem Reap, enjoy a buffet dinner at a local restaurant, and watch a traditional Apsara dance, evoking classical Cambodian myths.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in Siem Reap
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and cool towels
What's Not Included
- Lunch and dinner
- Tips for the guide and driver, and personal expenses
- Any service not mentioned in the program
- Buffet dinner with Apsara dance show
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy: no show - 100% charge; cancellation 1 week to 1 day before tour - 50% charge; 2-1 week before tour - 30% of tour price; 3-2 weeks before tour - 10 % of tour price; 4 weeks or more - no charge