Book tickets for a performance at the International Opera and Ballet Festival in Aspendos. Experience live opera or ballet under the stars at the ancient Aspendos Amphitheater, in the perfect night for any opera, ballet, or classical music aficionado.
What to Expect
Experience a culturally rich night at the best-preserved ancient amphitheater in the world. Annual Aspendos International Opera and Ballet Festival combines artistic excellence with the unique atmosphere of Aspendos Amphitheater.
Since 1994, this elegant open-air festival has been a showcase for the most successful recent productions of leading opera and ballet companies from all over the world. Rising to international acclaim within the first years of its inception, today the Aspendos International Opera and Ballet Festival is listed among the most reputed of its kind.
An exciting yearly event for aficionados of opera, ballet, and classical music, the magic of the festival owes much to its unique setting in the 2,000-year-old Aspendos Amphitheater. Overlooking the Mediterranean, this remarkably well-preserved Roman amphitheater has stood since the reign of Marcus Aurelius, and its incomparable acoustics have wowed many internationally distinguished guests.
The following performances are confirmed:
23rd INTERNATIONAL ASPENDOS OPERA AND BALLET FESTIVAL
August 29 - September 15, 2016
AUGUST 29, 2016 MONDAY 21:00
CARMEN - OPERA
SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 THURSDAY 21:00
YEVGENI ONEGIN - BALLET
SEPTEMBER 5, 2016 FRIDAY 21:00
KÖROĞLU - OPERA
SEPTEMBER 8, 2016 THURSDAY 21:00
LE CORSAIRE - BALLET
SEPTEMBER 12, 2016 MONDAY 21:00
GALA CONCERT - CONCERT
SEPTEMBER 15, 2016 THURSDAY 21:00
AIDA - OPERA
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel
- Admission to performance
What to Remember
• Please note the local provider's cancellation policy: full refunds will be given only when the cancellation has been made more than 72 hours before the beginning of the tour
• Performances begin at 21:15
• Modifications can be made to the program in case of necessity
• Please bring a small cushion for your comfort, as the ancient venue is outfitted with stone seating
• Pick-up time for Alanya hotels is 16:45 - 17:00, and en route to Aspendos you will stop at a restaurant for dinner (optional/extra)
Tickets for CDFG sections but for late reservations this cannot be guaranteed.