Experience an exciting trip through the fascinating landscape of Egypt and visit one of the oldest monasteries in the country. Immerse yourself in the history of St. Catherine's Monastery and visit the incredible Colored Canyon.
What to Expect
Discover this incredible landscape of Egypt and visit St. Catherine's Monastery on an exciting tour from Sharm el Sheikh. After pick-up from your hotel, drive approximately 3 hours through the breathtaking Sinai Desert to the oldest still-inhabited Christian monastery. Admire the fascinating grounds with natural colors and wonderful rock formations.
After a short climb, visit St. Catherine's Monastery and see the mosaics, world-famous collection of icons and many other unique art treasures. Continue through the desert and enjoy a hike through the canyon mountains.
You'll be impressed by the amazing colors and shapes of the mountains and rocks. Then stop for lunch in a local restaurant on the way back and end the tour with a walking tour of Dahab; there'll be plenty of chances to shop for souvenirs.
In the afternoon, enjoy a return transfer to your hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh.
- Visit to St. Catherine's Monastery
- Visit to the Colored Canyon
- Transfers in air-conditioned Jeep
- City walking tour in Dahab
- English- or German-speaking tour guide
- Lunch in a restaurant
- Entry fees
What's Not Included
- Drinks in the restaurant
- Special exhibitions at St. Catherine's Monastery
- Additional expenses not outlined in the itinerary
Know Before You Go
• You may request a wake-up call as well as a lunch pack at reception on the day before your outing
• Please bring: photo equipment, sunglasses, seasonally appropriate clothing, sturdy shoes
• Please note: long pants and covered head and arms are required for visiting the monastery