Catch your chance to try this fantastic sport that is well within budget. All equipment included and a technical diver with you, go down and check out the coral reef and marine life from close quarters.
What to Expect
Collection from all hotels in Sharm around 8:15am. You must have your passport with you, swim wear and towels. Once at the marina you will be asked to complete a medical statement, this is a compulsory requirement for all divers. Once completed you are off to Tiran island for the day and your introduction to diving.
The technical diver will talk through with you all the basics of the dive and introduce you to the aqua lung (breathing apparatus). This is the most difficult part of the dive. Once mastered the rest is easy. Just a little unorthodox in breathing through this but easily learnt. The technical diver will go through the safety precautions that are taken and also ensure that you fully understand the sign language that is used under water, this is basic stuff for your type of dive. You are then kitted up with the jacket, tank, weights and mask. The technical diver will then enter the water and assist you into the water. When ready he will take you down below the surface at a steady pace and he will be with you and you alone at all times. As a first time diver you only go to a maximum depth of 6 meters. This is plenty deep enough to give you the experience of breathing underwater and moving around freely underwater, something we humans weren't designed to do.
Time will go exceptionally quickly when you are down there, but your technical diver will tell you when your time is up and make ready for your return to the surface. The boat hands will be there waiting to assist you out of the water and onto the dive deck of the boat. The rest of the day is spent in taking a second dive if you have booked one or you are welcome to swim or snorkel at either of the other two stops that the boat will make. Lunch and soft drinks are included in this excursion. An underwater camera man can also be arranged to take pictures or film you. These are at an extra cost and negotiated on the day. These are then delivered to your hotel the following day. The transfer vehicle will be waiting for you when you return late afternoon to the port and they will transfer you back directly to your hotel.
- Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Your Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
• Not recommended for participants with back problems.
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
• Not recommended for pregnant women.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.
• All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving.
• Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor.
• Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.