Take a morning tour to the Yungang Grottoes on a day trip from Datong. See one of most famous sites for stone sculptures in China and marvel at their tremendous size. Enjoy lunch and travel to the Hanging Temple at the foot of Mt. Hengshan.
What to Expect
See the Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Temple on a day trip from Datong.
Following a morning pick-up up from your hotel, transfer by private vehicle with an English-speaking guide. Go to one of the 3 main sites in China, famous for their stone sculptures (Dunhuang, Longmen and Yungang). Of the 3, the Yungang Grottoes are considered the best, due to their tremendous size, ancient history and relatively complete state of preservation.
A Chinese lunch will be arranged close to the Yungang Grottoes. Then drive to the Hanging Temple at the foot of Mt. Hengshan. Located 5 kilometers (3 miles) south of Hunyuan County and 65 kilometers (40 miles) from downtown Datong City, the Hanging Temple is so-named as it hangs on the west cliff of Jinxia Gorge.
Marvel at the temple as it hangs more than 50 meters above the ground and try to imagine how the temple has withstood the winds and storms for so many years.
- Transportation by private car
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as per the itinerary
- Parking fees and road tolls (where applicable)
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train tickets
- Personal expenses (drinks, optional activities, etc.)
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver and hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Go
• The itinerary and schedule as described is for reference only. It may vary according to your travel date and group size, and is subject to change when the booking order is confirmed