Take a trip through the history of China on a 2-hour guided tour of the Shanghai Museum and discover 4,000-year-old bronzes, legendary Silk Road sculptures, and more. Your guide will help you negotiate the vast collections to find the highlights.
What to Expect
Located on People's Square in the Huangpu District of Shanghai, the Shanghai Museum is the city’s finest gallery, and boasts one of the best collections of ancient Chinese art anywhere in the world. Founded in 1952, and rehoused in its new location in 1996, the 5-story museum covers a vast 39,200 square meters.
Such a collection can be daunting without the help of a guide, and this 2-hour tour will help you navigate you way through the various galleries to see highlights, such as 4,000-year-old bronzes used in live burials, through to priceless Buddhist sculptures taken from the legendary Silk Road.
Your local guide’s expert advice will help you appreciate the subtleties that differentiate one masterpiece from another. Armed with an extensive knowledge of Chinese art, they are able to help you get to grips with the history of China's artistic heritage, and ensure you get the most out of your Shanghai Museum experience.
- English-speaking guide
- Entry fees
What's Not Included
- Transportation (can be arranged for an additional fee in your choice of taxi or private vehicle)
- Food and drink
- Tax invoices (if required cost an additional 15% of total tour cost)
Meet outside the north exit of Shanghai Museum, 201 People’s Square, near North Huangpi Road
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Tours should be booked and confirmed at least 3 hours in advance
• Newman Tours reserves the right to cancel tours by informing confirmed attendees at least 3 hours in advance
• Newman Tours reserves the right to start its tours on time, and will not wait for guests more than 10 minutes after the scheduled start time of their tours
• Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult guardian
• Newman Tours reserves the right to request proof of student or child status in the form of valid identification
• Proof of payment receipts available if requested in advance
• Tour prices are not inclusive of tax Invoices, which if required cost an additional 15% of the total cost of the tour
• Guests who take part in Newman Tours do so entirely at their own risk