Explore Shanghai’s colonial underworld on a gangster tour through the most famous streets. Learn the art of chopstick pickpocketing, how to cheat at blackjack, and how to shoot like a criminal kingpin!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Explore the gangster underworld of Shanghai on a private tour
- See where one of the richest opium dealers in Shanghai once lived
- Admire the house where one of Shanghai’s wealthiest banking families lived and find out how dog food brought a bloody end to it’s empire
- Visit the luxurious mansion presented to Shanghai's most powerful criminal mastermind
- See the clubhouse in which “Big Eared” Du stored his opium and find out how he avoided arrest
- See where the Chinese customs officer once lived, and discover why he was such a thorn in the side of “Big Eared” Du
- Visit the mansion that was built by a Dutch con-man who got away with daylight robbery
- See where the White Russians used to live and work
- Stroll past the former home of Chiang Kai Shek and find out just how corrupt he really was
- Native English-speaking tour guide
- All admission fees
- Transportation to and from start and end point of tour (this can be arranged as an additional service in your choice of taxi or private vehicle upon request)
- Tax invoices (available for an additional 15% of the total cost of the tour)
- Additional fees
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Outside exit 3 of Changshu Road Metro Station (lines 7 & 1) near the junction between Huaihai Road and Changshu Road.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Newman Tours reserves the right to cancel tours by informing confirmed attendees at least 3 hours in advance.
- We reserve the right to start our tours on time and will not wait for guests more than 10 minutes after the scheduled start time of their tours. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- We reserve the right to request proof of student or child status in the form of valid identification.
- Guests who take part in Newman Tours do so at their own risk.
- We reserve the right to refuse people the right to attend and if necessary remove them from their tours if they are intoxicated, aggressive or offensive.
- Newman Tours reserves the right to alter the listed content of tours as a result of bad weather or location inaccessibility; in doing so, we will try to ensure that equally high quality alternative content is provided.