Step into Shanghai's old and new with a half-day tour of the essential stops. Explore temples, museums and hip night life of this incredible city, while gaining interesting stories and insights from your expert guide.
What to Expect
Shanghai is cloaked in mystery. From its modern skyscrapers to the ancient and thought provoking temples, it is a place best visited with someone who knows it best. Today, your guide will open your eyes to the essence of Shanghai with a day visiting the Jade Buddha Temple, Xin Tian Di, the Bund, and the Shanghai Museum.
As your day begins, you will gain fascinating insight into these ancient marvels, and you will explore the classic sights from the Ming and Qing dynasties (1368 - 1912). The tour then makes a stop at the Bund, a showcase of pre-1949 architecture. It's here that we can also explore the Shanghai Museum, known for its collection of rare and precious works from the Chinese empire.
After all this sightseeing, it's time for a little lunch, and we'll enjoy some fine Chinese cuisine. After, we'll drive along the former French Concession District, which makes you feel as if you're driving along a glorious French boulevard. You're quickly brought back to Shanghai, however, with a visit to the Arts and Crafts shop, where you have the chance to purchase some traditional crafts.
Finally, we reach the Jade Buddha Temple, with its magnificent jade statues from Burma. Your guide teaches you the significance of these Buddha's, before we head back into the modern world with a visit to the hip and happening Xin Tian Di district.
- Private car for hotel pick-up and drop-off, sightseeing program as indicated in the itinerary.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary. (B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Local English-speaking tour guide for pick-up, drop-off and sightseeing program as indicated.
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary.
- Parking fee & toll fee wherever applicable.
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation.
- Flight/train ticket.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities,etc.
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy.
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Traveler insurance.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund