Tapas go from appetizers to sophisticated cuisine, served in a small portion. This 3.5 hours hands-on Andalusian cooking class consists of the preparation of 4 traditional tapas, followed by a local dessert wine.
What to Expect
In the morning you may attend Triana food market, where your guide will assist you in buying all the ingredients for your tapas recipes.
Next, the 3.5 hours hands-on Andalusian cooking class will include the preparation of 4 traditional tapas, followed at the end by a local dessert wine.
Classes are taught by a professionally trained chef in English. The ingredients used are fresh and seasonal, since the school is located inside Triana food market.
During the class, guests have the chance to get involved in the preparation of the dishes, guided by the expert cook. Classes are designed for both novice and experienced cooks that will be able to learn and develop new techniques and skills.
The menu you cool will consist of 4 tapas from the following list, depending on the season:
Salmorejo or Gazpacho
Spinach on garlic toast
Huevos a la flamenca
Iberian pork cheeks stew
Codfish in batter or codfish croquettes
Shrimps in garlic oil
All ingredients or utensils are provided by the school. Sangria and table olives are served during class, and at the end guests eat what has been cooked, accompanied by up to two drinks (Spanish wine, beer or soft drinks) and a final dessert wine.
All of the recipes used can be adapted to any dietary restriction. Please advise in advance if a change to the menu is required.
Once back home, you will be able to practice what you have learnt as you will be given written recipes and lots of tips!
- All ingredients for the class and use of an apron
- Sangria to drink and olives to snack on during the cooking time
- A meal that includes all the tapas you have cooked
- 2 extra drinks to accompany your meal (local beer, white wine, or red wine)
- Local sweet dessert wine
Triana Market, on Plaza del Altozano, Stalls 75-77.
Know Before You Go
• Please inform the tour operator if anyone attending the class has food allergies, intolerances, or restrictions
• The market tour is only available in the morning
• If you are attending an evening cooking session you can also join the morning market tour