This full day tour will show you all these famous places alongside a knowledgeable guide. Enjoy a delicious tradition Korean meal for lunch and make the best of your stay in Seoul .
What to Expect
After a morning pick-up from your hotel, head to the cleanest stream in Seoul, the Cheonggyecheon Stream, a 11 km long modern stream that runs through downtown Seoul. Created as part of an urban renewal project, Cheonggyecheon is a restoration of the stream that has been there since the Joseon Dynasty. It's hard to imagine that this beautiful stream used to be a ditch.
The next stop will be the Korean presidential office, The Blue House where you'll also visit Cheongwadae Saranchae is a Korean presidential exhibition center, newly opened as of January 2010.
The next stop on the tour will be the National Folk Museum and Gyeongbokgung Palace. Built in 1394, it was the main palace of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) by its founder King Taejo, it is the most comprehensive and grandest of the 5 palace of the period. On its grounds, you'll also visit the National Folk Museum of Korea where you'll see displays of about 4,000 items on Korea’s traditional way of life. There are 3 permanent exhibition halls, two special exhibition halls, a shop and a reference room.
Then it's onward to Namsangol Hanok Village, located between the tall buildings in the middle of a normal city scene. This village has 5 restored traditional Korean houses, a pavilion, a pond and a time capsule as well, making it a perfect spot to take a leisurely stroll.
After visiting here, you'll continue on to the Korea Folk village. The Korea Folk Village is a living museum that portrays the lifestyle of Koreans several centuries ago. There are potters, weavers, blacksmiths and other artisans who practice their trades in a traditional fashion. There are also 270 traditional houses and a small amphitheater for folk music and dance performances.
• Hotel pick-up 08:40
• Pass by Deoksugung, Sungnyemun, Seoul Station (Tuesdays: no Pass by to Deoksugung)
• Cheonggyecheon Stream
• The main gate of the Blue House ‘Cheongwadae’ (Souvenir Photo)
• Cheongwadae Saragchae (Mondays: outside of the building)
• Gyeongbokgung Palace, National Folk Museum and The Royal Guard Changing Ceremony (Tuesdays: Deoksugung Palace and Royal Guard Changing Ceremony
• Namsangol Hanok Village (Tuesdays: Seoul Museum of History)
• Lunch (Menu: Dolsot Bibimbap)
• Korean Folk Village
• Hotel drop off 17:00
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Minimum number of participants: 2 people
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
• No-show or any cancellation within 3 days to visit, 100% of total cost will be charged.