Looking for the facts on Savannah, its unique historic district, its history, and what it has to offer visitors like you? There's no better way to get an up-close-and-personal introduction to the city than a leisurely, small-group walking tour.
What to Expect
There's no better way to get an up-close-and-personal look at Savannah and all it has to offer than a leisurely, small-group walking tour, led by a licensed, knowledgeable and personable guide who lives in downtown Savannah, through the city's national historic landmark district.
Get the facts about the people and places that mark this city's nearly 300-year history from a long-time downtown Savannah resident. Learn how General James Oglethorpe founded Savannah and the colony of Georgia; hear the facts behind the city’s famous system of squares; find out why Savannah was spared from destruction during General William T. Sherman's 1864 March to the Sea; learn the role of the Savannah College of Art and Design in transforming the city; and a lot more.
Make stops at a number of Savannah's most notable historic buildings and beautiful squares, enjoying the ambiance created by the city’s eighteenth and nineteenth-century architecture. Visit River Street and City Market, two retail, restaurant, and entertainment districts with interesting histories; explore Broughton Street, the city's main street for shopping; and end your tour at the iconic Forsyth Park Fountain.
- Local licensed professional tour guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The tour begins in the northwest corner of Reynolds Square, directly in front of the Olde Pink House (23 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401) at the corner of Abercorn and East Bryan Streets. Reynolds Square is bounded on the north by East Bryan Street and on the south by East Congress Street. It is one block north of East Broughton Street, and one block south of Bay Street. There is a statue of John Wesley in the middle of the square.
Know Before You Go
• The tour runs rain or shine, cold, temperate, or hot. Please dress appropriately, including comfortable walking shoes.
• Bringing a bottle of water is also advised.
• Well-behaved pets are always welcome.
• Please remember the tour does not end where it starts. The supplier will be happy to provide you with directions back to your car or to your next location.
• Tour is provided in English language only.