Savannah: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Walk
- Enter the world of the runaway bestselling non-fiction novel "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"
- Learn facts and stories that have come to light about the real characters portrayed in the book and film
- See Savannah the best and most intimate way - on foot
Even the rumors whispered beneath dripping Spanish moss are enough to make a man blush, and it's all true! Just another day in this eccentric city?
Savannah Walks is proud to present A Walk through Midnight, a saunter through the pages of Berendt's runaway 1994 bestseller, which Clint Eastwood made into a film in 1997.
Guides offer personal insights and observations, as well as recently unearthed stories about the characters in what the people of Savannah have come to call "the book." Some of the guides were even extras in the movie!
The guides also have special items of interest to show you along the way. Who knows? On some days you might even see some of the actual characters strolling about the city! No other "book tour" gets you as close as this!
- Knowledgeable guide
Prepare for the activity
The tour departs from Oglethorpe Square, 127 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA (enclosed within Abercorn street and State street). Metered parking spots are available in the area, and a new city parking garage is located within a block of Reynolds Square. The garage, located at the corner of Drayton Street and East Bryan Street, has entrances on Drayton and Abercorn streets. It charges $1.00 for the first hour, and $0.50 for each additional hour, up to a maximum of $4.00 per day.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Walks will depart in light rain, so please bring an umbrella or rain coat if the weather looks questionable
• During the summer, please be mindful of the Southern heat and humidity, and bring water along