Spend your day exploring Santo Domingo, the first Spanish colony in the Americas, on a guided private tour. Walk past sites such as the Parque Colon, the National Palace, and Alcazar de Colon to discover the city's wealth of history and monuments.
What to Expect
Spend your day exploring Santo Domingo, the first Spanish colony in the Americas, on a guided private tour. Walk past sites such as the Parque Colon, the National Palace, and Alcazar de Colon to discover the city's wealth of monuments and historic buildings.
Begin your tour at the Alcazar de Colon in the 15th-century Colonial Zone. Once the home of Diego Columbus, Christopher Columbus' oldest son and the Spanish viceroy who ruled the island, the palace now hosts a museum full of furniture, artwork and artifacts from the city's early years.
From there, take a walk along Calle Las Damas, one of the oldest streets in the Western Hemisphere and the first in the city of Santo Domingo. Pass the National Pantheon, the central Parque Colon, and the first Catholic cathedral in America before making your way to the Columbus Lighthouse.
Admire the monument built to commemorate the 500th anniversary of Columbus' arrival before you walk along the Malecón waterfront, where you can look out at the beauty of the Caribbean Sea and visit the modern downtown area to do some shopping. Enjoy a fascinating culinary celebration with an explosion of flavors at one of the most popular destinations in the city.
- Guided private tour of Santo Domingo
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Santo Domingo hotel
Know Before You Go
• Free of charge for children 3 and younger
• Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
• At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
• This activity is unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriers
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible