Venture a few miles off the coast of La Romana to spend a day on the tropical island of Saona. Relax on the beach while sipping a cocktail, roam through the idyllic nature preserve and step into the warm waters to enjoy snorkeling and swimming.
What to Expect
Head out from La Romana by catamaran on this 12-hour excursion and spend a relaxing day on a tropical island. Relax on Saona Island’s beach, explore the nature preserve and enjoy snorkeling in the crystal-clear waters.
Set sail for the short journey to Saona Island. Stop at a natural ocean pool for a quick swim along the way, and then enjoy a lunch buffet after you arrive at the island, complete with a selection of local drinks and beer.
After lunch, explore the protected nature preserve, known for its deserted island feel, or find a spot near the water to relax on a chaise lounge. Natural sandbars just offshore create the perfect environment to explore the waist-deep ocean waters, and you can grab a snorkel and mask to check out the fields of starfish.
At the end of your time on the island, board the catamaran for the return trip to the mainland, where a waiting bus takes you back to your Santo Domingo hotel.
- Park admission
- Guided tour of Soana Island
- Round-trip transportation from your Santo Domingo hotel
- Dominican buffet lunch
- Coffee, tea, soda or juice
- Open bar
What's Not Included
- Meals not listed as included
Know Before You Go
• Children 3 years and younger join for free
• Children 12 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
• At least 2 adults are required for this activity to operate
• The activity is not wheelchair accessible and cannot accommodate strollers or baby carriers