A Valparaiso and Wines tour is a perfect combination of a city tour and wine tasting. A small-group tour led by a professional bilingual guide that takes you to enjoy a day of culinary and cultural experiences only Chile can offer.
What to Expect
Depart from your Santiago hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan and relax during the scenic south-eastern drive through Santiago outskirts and wineries. Driving through Casablanca Valley, a valley between the two major cities of Chile, Santiago and Valparaiso, and a relatively new but fast growing in the wine industry with wine production beginning as late as the mid-1980s.
You will visit one of it's most outstanding organic vineyard, the Emiliana Winery. Despite it's late start in wine production, Casablanca Valley has gained recognition worldwide in particular for the production of white wines, especially the exquisite Chardnonnay and Sauvignon Blanc, but without leaving behind production of some great reds such as a distinctive Pinot Noir, Merlot and Syrah. Don't loose an opportunity to taste four different wines produced at Emiliana accompanied by local cheese or chocolate along with insightful stories of its production and tasting techniques told by a wine expert. All that after a guided tour where you will also learn how the plants and animals like chicken and alpacas ensure the organic growth of the grapes and which other factors play a big role in organic procedures.
Having absorbed all the information, continue towards the Valparaiso city, Chile's cultural capital. A city known for being arguably the most important Chilean seaport, Valparaiso was declared a World Heritage Site in 2003 thanks to its historical importance, natural beauty of the numerous hills surrounding a picturesque harbor and unique architecture. Being a birthplace of many historically significant figures, including Salvador Allende, it is also a place where urban street art and graffiti paints with multiple colors all the walls and stair steps of the city.
This tour will make sure you don't miss out on Valparaiso's major attractions. Start the city tour from the Valparaiso Port and Sotomayor Square, taking a trolleybus ride (second-oldest system in South America) to the Anibal Pinto Square. Climb up in a Queen Victoria elevator and reward yourself with dazzling view of the port city. Wandering up and down the splashy streets on the steep hills like Cerro Alegre and Concepción will explain why this city reminds many people of San Francisco. After visiting the various passages and Churches we will have lunch in a traditional restaurant.
Before leaving Valparaiso, stop by a mirador which will amaze you with an opening view to the whole port. Finally, on the way out you will be able to visit the very first lighthouse built in Chile.
Appreciate the luscious landscape while resting in the minivan as you travel back to your Santiago hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (guaranteed only within the pick-up range)
- Certified bilingual guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
• Minimum drinking age is 18
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Your guide contacts all the participants the day before the tour with any necessary additional information about the weather and pick-up details
• This activity is subject to favorable weather conditions
• Alternative routes are possible. Please note that the tour operator reserves the right for their guides to change the order of the things listed in the itinerary to make the best out of this tour
• The guide will contact you a day before the tour with information about the weather and your pick-up