Visit El Morado National Park on foot and enjoy the San Francisco Glacier and Morales Glacier pond and spectacular views.
What to Expect
This tour is recommended for adventurous people! A spectacular trip to "El Morado" Natural Monument National Park, located at 93 km from Santiago. The starting point of the trek is in Baños Morales, a mountain village at 1,900 meters of altitude. The trail leads to the beautiful San Francisco Glacier (2,500 meters) and Morales Glacier Pond. During the hike you will have a refreshing stop at "Aguas de Panimávida", iron-rich carbonated water that springs out from the earth.
The tour is recommended for people in good physical shape. Not recommended for asthmatics, cardiopathies, overweight people or people with recent surgeries. The first hour of the hike is steep and then it becomes flat. Altitude increase of 600 meters. Tour subject to change due to weather conditions (rain or snow).
- Bilingual guide
- Box lunch and water
What's Not Included
- Sunscreen, sun hat, day pack
- Pick-ups at private residences
Loreto 6 (street), Recoleta (district), Santiago
Know Before You Go
Bring sunscreen, trekking shoes, sun hat, camera, jacket, backpack.
• Cancellations made for the passenger until 2 days before the tour will be refund the 100% of your payment only for the tours.
• Cancellations made for the passenger until 1 day before the tour or No Shows applies take the 100% of your payment in advance for administrative expenses.
• The supplier reserves the right of not to do excursions with unfavorable weather conditions, rain, snow, storms and strike in the parks or don’t have the minimum amount of passengers for the excursion (two). The supplier will refund you the 100% of your pre-payment, or will offer you another alternative, or change the date of tour.
Only for Glacier Hike:
Glacier hike has a medium difficulty with a 5 hour-hike in total or 16 km round -trip. This tour is recommended for people with good physical conditions, with no respiratory diseases, asthma, heart problems, overweight or having any surgery in the last months.