Discover the wonders of Santiago Island on a trek that covers Serra Malagueta and Tarrafal Beach. Along the way, visit Cape Verde’s most traditional market, see and learn about native flora and fauna, and soak up scenic views of the island's landscapes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- Please wait in your hotel lobby 10-minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- Please note that Assomada Market is open only on Wednesdays and Saturdays, the visit will be only on these days
- Please wear comfortable clothes, shoes, and a hat, bring water and sunscreen
- Trail Distance: +/- 8,5 km
- Total Walking Duration: +/- 3 hours
- Degree of difficulty: Moderate
- Elevation gain: +/- 280 m // Elevation loss: -/+ 280 m
- Max Elevation: +/- 1075 m // Min Elevation: +/- 800 m
- Trail type: Loop
- Path quality: Flat, wide and safe trail
- Shared Group Trek option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.