Explore the idyllic villages and shores of North Tenerife on an 8-hour sightseeing tour, and learn the history and culture of the locals. Get breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, and taste the local produce in the village and port of Garachio.
What to Expect
Discover the palaces, towers, cobblestone streets, and rich gastronomy of North Tenerife on a full-day tour that is a paradise for lovers of history and culture.
Start with a visit to the quiet city of Icod de Los Vinos. Here, you will see the oldest drago tree on the Canary Islands, and admire the beautiful houses of the Old Town. Continue to higher ground for panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean in stark contrast to the surrounding green landscape.
Pass through El Tanque en route to Los Silos and Buenavista del Norte, enjoying views of the cliffs of Culata along the way. The cobblestone streets of Garachico contain even more surprises. Walk through picturesque corners of the village and port, experiencing the splendor of the 17th and 18th centuries.
After a tasting of some local food, go to the noble Villa de la Orotava, and fall in love with its gorgeous nooks and alleyways. Learn more about the ins and outs of the town’s glorious past.
- Transportation by private vehicle (maximum 8 seats)
- Pick-up and drop off on demand
- Accredited guide
- Gastronomic experience (tasting of local produce)
- Vehicle accident and liability insurance
- Hiking material
What's Not Included
- Picnic lunch
- Museum and visitor center entrance tickets
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sun protection
• Please bring a copy or original of your ID or passport
• A small backpack is suggested to keep your personal belongings safe
• You are advised to bring a picnic (there will be free time to pamper your stomach)
• Don´t forget your camera and/or video-camera
• Tours operate with a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 8 participants
• The local operator reserves the right to change the route of the itineraries for climatic reasons, force majeure or circumstances beyond their control
• A 50% penalty applies to cancellations of between 72 and 24 hours before the tour. No refund is provided for cancellations made 24 hours prior to the tour