Experience the best of the Santa Barbara coastline with an introductory surfing lesson at Mondo's Beach. Learn the basics with an instructor who focuses on the fundamentals of reading water, paddling, popping up, and riding, as well as surf etiquette.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 2 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Mondo's Beach, 21 miles south of Santa Barbara Depending on daily weather conditions, your instructor may move the lesson to the most suitable beginner break in the area, so please be on time. Your guide will be set up with boards and a Santa Barbara Adventure Company umbrella on the beach. They will be in a bright blue sun shirt with "Guide" on the back. If you cannot find your guide within a few minutes - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE. From the South: Take HWY 101 North past Ventura. Take Exit 72 toward State Beaches. Continue onto CA-1 North. Mondo's Beach will be on your left-hand side. Look for an Adventure Company van and park anywhere in this area. From the North: This spot is approximately 21 miles or 25 minutes south of Santa Barbara. Take HWY 101 south past Carpinteria. Take Exit 78 for Pacific Coast Highway. The beach will be on your right-hand side. Look for an Adventure Company van and park anywhere in this area.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Children must be at least 7 years old and comfortable swimming in the ocean and ducking under waves
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. The surf lessons require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.