This kayak trip is a great chance to discover a stunning section of coastline, home to more than 1,500 species of plant and animal life.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Refugio State Beach Your guide will be set up with kayaks and a Santa Barbara Adventure Company umbrella on the beach. They will be in a bright blue sun shirt with "Guide" on the back. If you cannot find your guide within a few minutes - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE. From the South: Follow Hwy 101 north of Santa Barbara approximately 19 miles (2 miles past El Capitan State beach). Exit at Refugio State Beach turn off. Turn left on Refugio Road, go under the hwy overpass and enter Refugio State Beach on you right. From the North: Follow Hwy 101 South towards Santa Barbara, stopping approximately 17 miles north of town (2 miles north of El Capitan State beach). Exit at Refugio State Beach turn off. Turn right on Refugio Road and enter Refugio State Beach on you right. Once you enter: $10 day use fee payable at the rangers Kiosk. Enter the park. Take your first left then a quick right then another quick left towards the waterfront. Park near the camp store.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- The level of difficulty is easy to moderate with a paddling distance of 3 miles (4.8 km)
- Children under the age 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak
- This tour requires a minimum number of 2 participants in order to run
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund