Explore the Arenal Volcano area on a more scenic route than the traditional highway. Admire views of plantations, waterfalls, jungles, wildlife, and rustic towns, learn about Costa Rican coffee and native culture, and relax in the mineral hot springs.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 14 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from most of the hotels in the San José area. Your exact pickup time and location will be provided upon reconfirmation of your tour. Please provide the name and address of your hotel.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Insect repellent
- Change of clothes
- Closed-toe shoes
Know before you go
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- The tour may be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- No walking is involved
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour includes manmade hot springs pools, filled with natural thermal water
- Hotel pickups commence approx. 30-60 minutes prior to tour time, the exact pickup time will be advised on confirmation. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Arenal-La Fortuna is available. If you choose this option, dinner will not be included because it’s in a restaurant on the way back to San Jose. Also, there is an extra charge for drop-offs with luggage, but in the case of this tour it doesn’t apply because the cost of the dinner will cover the drop-off charge
- This tour does not include ziplining/rappelling activities