Enjoy a half-day of culture, wine, and delicious food as you visit some of the most impressive destinations in Tuscany. Explore Montalcino and its fortress, and taste the region's world-famous wines.
What to Expect
Brunello, presently considered one of the best wines in the world, has its ancestral roots in the ancient winemaking traditions of Montalcino, handed down from one generation to the next. The town of Montalcino, the home of this wine produced from Sangiovese grapes, is charmingly situated on a hill that provides beautiful views of the region.
On this tour you will see the town, its century-old fortress, and the best wineries in the area. You will learn about the remarkable skills and techniques used in the production of local wine, which includes a long maturation in casks made from valuable wood. You will have the opportunity to taste prestigious wines in the best wineries of the region, and to discover Montalcino and the wonderful surrounding area.
- Pick-up service
- Travel by minivan with air conditioning for a maximum of eight people \
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Guided tour of Montalcino and its stronghold
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Snack with sliced cold meat and typical salami
- Drop off service
Know Before You Go
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• This is a small groups tour of no more than 8 people per minivan
• Tours in Italian are also available on request; please check with the provider for availability