Enjoy a perfect combination of a comprehensive tour of San Francisco with a visit to the notorious Alcatraz Island. Admire the Golden Gate bridge and more of the city's famous sights, before heading to "The Rock," one of the world's most infamous prisons.
What to Expect
San Francisco is home to some of the most beautiful, historic, and notorious sights in the world. Led by an expert guide, explore the city's amazing variety of architectural styles, impressive buildings, and cultural landmarks.
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel to start this 3.5-hour tour. Start with a walk to admire the picturesque Golden Gate Bridge, with its postcard-perfect views of the city. Then, visit the Beaux Arts-style Civic Center and the famous Opera House.
From there, take in great views of the Twin Peaks, the highest points in the city, and check out Alamo square, a residential district best known for its Postcard Row: this stunning view includes a beautiful look at seven "Painted Ladies" and the city skyline.
At the end of the tour you will be dropped off at Pier 33, Hornblower Alcatraz Landing, where you can pick up your Alcatraz Island ferry tickets at the Prepaid Ticketbooth. Pier 33 is at the foot of Bay Street on the Embarcadero.
There is a separate line for guests who have already purchased their tickets, and you must present your passport or a valid photo identification.
Alcatraz and history go hand-in-hand. Once home to some of America's most notorious criminals, the federal penitentiary that operated here from 1934 to 1963 brought a dark mystique to the Rock. The presence of infamous inmates like Al "Scarface" Capone, and the "Birdman" Robert Stroud helped to establish the island's notoriety.
To this day, Alcatraz is best known as one of the world's most legendary prisons. Discover the unique history of the island and get an in-depth look at San Francisco.
- Admission to Alcatraz Island
- Hotel pick-up
- Narrated tour
- Ferry tickets
What's Not Included
- Transfer back to hotel
- Food and drink
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The Cellhouse audio tour is available in: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
• Please note that guides are not bilingual. If you wish to have your tour in German, please make sure to specify this during booking
• You must provide your hotel name at the time of booking. Reservations received without hotel information cannot be confirmed
• The face value of the Alcatraz ticket is USD 30
• Service not available from hotels/residences located outside San Francisco city center
• You must provide the name of all participants during booking in order to receive Alcatraz tickets. If incomplete information is provided you will not get tickets, nor receive a refund