From San Francisco, spend the morning in Muir Woods, then visit California's wine country. Walk under 1,000 year-old Redwoods, the world's tallest trees. Then enjoy wine tasting in California's vineyards, and stop at the Golden Gate Bridge for photos.
What to Expect
John Muir worked hard to establish the USA's system of national parks, including Yosemite. Muir Woods is a living monument to him and is one of the last virgin Redwood forests remaining after 150 years of logging.
On this full-day tour you will spend 1 hour walking in the shadows of the world's tallest trees before learning about the history, craft, and science of winemaking in California’s lovely wine country.
The art of wine tasting is very much on the agenda as you explore the Sonoma and Napa Valleys. Winemaking began here in California's wine country more than 100 years ago. Visit a sparkling wine vineyard, included as part of the day’s excursion, and enjoy a guided tour through a boutique winery, dependent on availability.
Afterwards, visit Napa Valley for even more tastings. The 3 wineries you will visit on this trip represent a variety of grapes, specialties, winemaking styles, and size of operation, giving you a well-rounded wine country experience and lots of new favorite wines to add to your shopping list. You can also select an option to enjoy a gourmet cheese tasting.
Pause for lunch in Sonoma Plaza. Take an optional ferry ride to Sausalito, and stop to take spectacular photos of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from most San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees
- Professional guide
- Gourmet cheese tasting (optional)
- Golden Gate Bridge stop
What's Not Included
- Muir Woods admission - USD 10
Know Before You Go
• You must be 21 or over, with a valid ID to participate in the wine tasting.
• Please note that for your child's safety, we require you to bring a child safety seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4 foot 9 (1.45 meters) in height.
• Cancellation and Changes more than 4 days (96 hours) = no cancellation or change fee. Cancellations less than 96 hrs/ 4 days = no refunds. Changes less than 96 hrs/ 4 days = 10% or USD 25 fee, whichever is greater.
• The tour operator is not responsible for loss or damage of personal property on tours or for delays due to accidents, breakdowns, or adverse traffic and weather conditions on tours.