Redwoods, Wine Country, and Alcatraz from San Francisco
From $157.50 per personBook now
- Marvel at the giant redwood sequoia trees in Muir Woods
- Visit 3 boutique wineries in Napa and Sonoma valleys and taste the wines
- Take a tour of Alcatraz the following day
The art of wine tasting is on the agenda as you explore the Sonoma and Napa valleys, where winemaking began more than a century ago. Visit a Sonoma vineyard, and enjoy a guided tour through a boutique winery. Continue on to Napa Valley for even more tastings.
Discover a variety of grapes, specialties, winemaking styles, and sizes of operation on your 3 winery visits, giving you a well-rounded wine country experience and lots of new wines to add to your list of favorites.
You’ll have the option of enjoying a gourmet cheese tasting as well, or lunch in historic Sonoma Plaza. Later in the day another tour option is a ferry ride to Sausalito. Stop to take in spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge.
On the following day, you’ll hop on a ferry to Alcatraz, for a tour of the historic prison in San Francisco Bay. This world-famous prison served as a federal penitentiary from 1934 to 1963 and housed infamous criminals like Al Capone and Robert Stroud, the Birdman.
- Round-trip transportation from most San Francisco hotels (for the tour portion)
- Wine tasting fees
- Professional guide
- Gourmet cheese tasting (optional)
- Golden Gate Bridge stop
- Alcatraz visit
- Muir Woods admission fee (USD 7.00)
- Transportation to and from Pier 33 (Alcatraz landing)
First day: Pick-up is available from most San Francisco hotels – the exact time and pick-up location will be communicated upon reconfirmation of your tour. Second day: For the Alcatraz tour on the following day, please make your own way to the Alcatraz Landing, located at Pier 33. (Open in Google Maps)
• For your child's safety, you must bring a safety seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4 feet 9 inches in height
• Tour is non-refundable
• Alcatraz tours sell out quickly. Please book as far in advance as possible
• The tour operator is not responsible for loss of or damage to personal property on tours or for delays due to accidents, breakdowns, or adverse traffic and weather conditions
• Alcatraz tickets are non-refundable and USD 33 at face value
• You must provide the name of all participants in your group when booking in order to receive Alcatraz tickets. If incomplete information is provided you will not get tickets, nor receive a refund
Product ID: 41823