Premium Napa and Sonoma Wine Tour with Lunch
Pickup includedWe offer hotel pick-up
- Discover the beauty of both Napa and Sonoma Valleys on a guided tour
- Learn how organic grapes are grown at an award winning family-owned winery
- Take stunning photos as you walk through mature vineyards located hundreds of feet above the valley floor
- Explore the aging process on a mountainside cave tour
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at a winery
- Try award-winning, reserve wines not available at public stores
Kenwood (wine tasting)
Benziger Family Winery (lunch, picnic, guided tour, wine tasting, vineyard)
Napa Valley (wine tasting, winery)
Sonoma Valley (winery) optional
Golden Gate Bridge (photo stop) optional
This full-day, educational wine tour of both Sonoma and Napa Valley’s starts with a complimentary hotel pickup at most downtown or fisherman’s wharf hotels. You’ll be rewarded with sweeping views of Alcatraz, the Marin Headlands, and the San Francisco skyline as your head north over the Golden Gate Bridge en route to your first stop at the famed Benzinger Winery. You will depart on a fully-guided tram tour that takes you through the vineyards to learn the secrets of growing the fully organic, biodynamic grapes used to make award winning wines. You will learn how unique soils and old world traditions combine with modern technology to give the wines their own “sense of place” as you explore a functional crush pad, see stainless steel fermentation tanks up close, and visit a mountainside wine cave where barrels of wine are aged before bottling.
After the tour, you’ll be treated to a private reserve tasting of 5-7 wines, many not available outside the winery, before stopping for an included picnic lunch at another winery to relax and take in the scenic countryside, fragrant gardens and rustic surroundings.
After lunch, you’re group will have the option to explore “the other Valley” as you head out to Yountville, Oakville, or the city of Napa itself to experience more world class wines. This part of the itinerary is different for each group, flexible and recommendations are welcome.
After a full day learning the secrets of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, your expert guide will end the day with a stop in the Marin Headlands where you can take photos of the famed Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Ocean before being dropped back off at your hotel just in time for supper.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 45-minute Benziger tram tour
- Narrated guided tour
- Organic, local picnic lunch (choice of turkey, ham, roast beef, or vegetarian sandwich)
- Wine tasting (3 unique flights are included in the tour. Some tasting fees may apply if additional wineries are visited; proper ID required for tasting)
- Eco-friendly transportation in a bio fueled mini-coach
- Some tasting fees may apply at other Napa/Sonoma wineries
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
Lunch Options - All sandwiches come with whole wheat bread, mayonnaise, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion. Also, a piece of fruit and a brownie or cookie. Choose from the following:
Turkey sandwich and side of pasta salad
Roast beef sandwich and side of potato salad
Ham sandwich and side of potato salad
Vegetarian sandwich and side of coleslaw
- This sandwich may also include olives, sprouts, pepperoncini, cucumber, avocado