Cycle The Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Ticket
- Visit the world-famous Alcatraz Island and discover its unique history
- Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge for breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline
- Coast downhill into the charming town of Sausalito
- Choose to continue on to Tiburon if you’d like to pedal for longer
- Bike back across the Golden Gate Bridge if you’d prefer the exercise!
- Cycle along San Francisco’s waterfront and experience Fisherman's Wharf up close
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Your bike tour will take place the previous day at either 10:00 AM (year-round), 11:30 AM (July-August), or 1:00 PM (March-October). Set off from Fisherman’s Wharf and enjoy a leisurely cycle for around 3 hours. You’ll be kitted out with a current model bike, front handlebar bag, lock, helmet, rear gear rack, and takeaway map – and then you’ll be ready to head out on tour!
Follow the San Francisco waterfront with your guide, past Aquatic Park, Fort Mason, the Marina, and the Presidio, through Crissy Field and to Fort Point. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge on a wide bike path, and then proceed to Vista Point and on to Old Fort Baker.
The cycling tour comes to an end in Sausalito where you’ll have time to enjoy the shops, the many art galleries, and the delicious food. You can return to San Francisco right after the tour ends, or you may keep the bike until closing hours and enjoy additional time exploring this fascinating area on your own.
Important Note: All bike tours take place 1 day prior to your selected Alcatraz departure. The date and time selected on your confirmation is for your day 2 Alcatraz Tour. Afternoon Alcatraz departure times are allotted, and so will be confirmed to customers approximately 30 days before departure.
- Trip to Alcatraz island, with a ferry to and from the island
- 2.5-hour self-guided audio tour of the island
- Professionally guided bike tour
- Full-day, bonus bike rental after the conclusion of your guided tour
- Lock and key
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Damage insurance
- Electric bicycle - available for an additional USD 35 fee payable on the day to the supplier
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Redeem your voucher at our 2661 Taylor Street Tour Center location for your bike tour. As the bike tour has a 10:00 AM departure, riders are advised to arrive 30 minutes before for proper bike fitting. For Alcatraz, redeem your voucher at Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing. Guests are free to call the day before the tour for more information at 415-346-2453. IMPORTANT NOTE: All bike tours take place 1 day prior to your selected Alcatraz departure. The date and time selected on your confirmation is for your Day 2 Alcatraz Tour. Your bike tour takes place the previous day at 10:00 AM. For example, if your chosen Alcatraz date is 31 May, your bike tour date will be 30 May. If you need to reschedule the bike portion of your tour, please contact the tour operator directly. Alcatraz departure times will be allotted.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Driver's license
- Credit card
• The date you choose at booking is the date that you will visit Alcatraz. Your bike tour will take place the previous day at either 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, or 1:00 PM (please choose your preference when booking). For example, if your chosen Alcatraz date is 31 May, your bike tour date will be 30 May
• Please contact the local operator, if you would like to reschedule your bike tour. Due to National Park restrictions, Alcatraz reservations cannot be moved or rescheduled after purchase
• The Cellhouse audio tour is available in: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
• The tour follows bike paths and the riding is mostly on flat landscapes
• Credit card deposit may be required at start of bike tour
• E-bike upgrade available for USD 35