Start your day with a visit to Alcatraz, and in the afternoon see San Francisco with a local guide on an Insider’s Tour. Tell your guide what interests you, and then head out to visit the famous and some of the not-so-famous sites of the City by the Bay.
What to Expect
Start your full-day program with a morning trip to Alcatraz! Make your way to Pier 33 to pick up your Alcatraz tickets and board the boat that will take you to the island prison.
Your Alcatraz tour begins with a 45-minute audio presentation called Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cell House Tour, featuring recordings of actual guards and inmates who lived and worked at the facility.
In the afternoon, you’ll meet your guide and join the San Francisco City Insider's tour. Admire the city’s impressive architecture and equally impressive hills, as you see its top attractions.
The half-day sightseeing tour is led by a friendly local guide, who will ensure that you see both the famous and the not-so-famous delights of San Francisco.
You’ll have around 4-5 hours to visit the most interesting locations in San Francisco, traveling in a small and intimate tour vehicle. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a fun and comprehensive sightseeing tour without the crowds.
Marvel at the views of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, ride through bustling Chinatown, take in the extraordinary panorama from Twin Peaks, and drive down Lombard Street. For a bit of culture, visit the Palace of Fine Arts, and learn about the famous Beat generation in North Beach.
The possibilities are endless! The tour can be customized, so if you have any places you’d really like to visit, just let your tour guide know.
- Drop off at most San Francisco hotels
- Local professional guide
- Alcatraz visit
What's Not Included
- Transportation from your hotel to Alcatraz
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that for your child's safety, you must bring a safety seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4 feet 9 inches in height
• Tour is non-refundable
• The tour operator is not responsible for loss of or damage to personal property on tours or for delays due to accidents, breakdowns, or adverse traffic and weather conditions
• The face value of the Alcatraz ticket is USD 33
• You must provide the name of all participants in your party when booking in order to receive Alcatraz tickets. If incomplete information is provided you will not get tickets, nor receive a refund