Explore Alcatraz Island on an tour of the notorious former federal prison. Then, taste the wines of California on a next day wine tasting tour of the Sonoma and Napa valleys. Learn about biodynamic wine production, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the notorious former federal prison of Alcatraz in San Francisco Bay and enjoy the award winning audio tour. Then, discover the wines of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys on a next day tasting tour.
First, enjoy a narrated boat tour around Alcatraz Island before docking. Then, take the guided “Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour” from the dock to the main prison building. If you chose the option to take the night tour of Alcatraz see special programs and presentations that are only available at night. Watch the sunset, and enjoy breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline and Golden Gate Bridge.
The following day, head north across the Golden Gate Bridge on a Napa and Sonoma wine country tour. Enjoy sweeping views of San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island as you depart San Francisco. Drive through the coastal mountains of the Marin County headlands, and see Mt. Tamalpais, the highest point in the North Bay region.
Once in Sonoma County, stop at the Benziger Family Winery and Biodynamic Vineyard for a close-up look at the vineyards, fermentation facility, and crush pad. Taste Benziger's biodynamic and other award-winning wines, as well as the wines of their sister winery, Imagery.
A picnic lunch can be taken in downtown Sonoma or on a shaded patio at a local winery. Then, travel to Napa County for some more wine tastings in Oakville, Yountville, or the town of Napa. En route back to San Francisco, make one more photo stop above the Golden Gate Bridge to capture some spectacular pictures.
Your tour includes entrance to The Aquarium of the Bay, a custom reusable tote bag and a bottle of wine (21 and older).
- Ticket for the Alcatraz night or day tour (depending on option chosen)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off for the wine country tour
- Wine tasting flights at Benziger and Imagery wineries
- 45-minute Benziger tram tour
- Picnic lunch at a winery
- Entrance to The Aquarium of the Bay
- Reusable tote bag
- Bottle of wine (21+)
What's Not Included
- Transportation to the Alcatraz Cruise
- Some tasting fees may apply at other Napa/Sonoma wineries
What to Remember
• Your Alcatraz tour is the date you choose at booking. The Napa and Sonoma tour takes place the following day at 08:00
• You must be at least 21 years old and have a valid photo ID to participate in the wine tastings
• Lunch: All sandwiches are on whole wheat bread, and come with mayonnaise, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, and onion. A piece of fruit and a brownie or cookie will also be served. Choose from the following options: turkey sandwich and a side of pasta salad; roast beef sandwich and a side of potato salad; ham sandwich and a side of potato salad; vegetarian sandwich and a side of coleslaw (this sandwich may also include olives, sprouts, pepperoncini, cucumber, and avocado)
• The face value of your Alcatraz ticket is USD 38 (night) and USD 31 (day)
• This tour is non-refundable once confirmed
• You must provide the full name of all participants to receive your Alcatraz tickets (you will not receive the tickets or qualify for a refund if this information is not provided)