Explore Alcatraz Island on a tour of the notorious former federal prison. Then, escape the crowds and spend the next day in the stunning wilderness of Yosemite Park. Drive through fruit orchards and the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
What to Expect
Discover the notorious former federal prison of Alcatraz in San Francisco Bay and enjoy the award winning audio tour. Then, spend the next day in the glorious surroundings of Yosemite Park.
First, enjoy a narrated boat tour around Alcatraz Island before docking. Then, take the guided “Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour” from the dock to the main prison building. If you chose the option to take the night tour of Alcatraz see special programs and presentations that are only available at night. Watch the sunset, and enjoy breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline and Golden Gate Bridge.
The next day, escape the crowds of the city center, and drive to Yosemite National Park. Head east across the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, and enjoy great views of the San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz Island, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Drive through Central Valley, stopping at a fruit stand to try some local produce.
Pass fruit orchards and nut farms, before entering the rolling foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. Continue into the mountains to California’s gold rush town of Groveland. Once inside Yosemite National Park, take a 1.5-hour narrated tour of the glaciated valley in c coach. See waterfalls and rock formations, including Yosemite Falls, North America’s tallest waterfall.
Continue past El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls, and Sentinel Dome, pausing at great vantage points, such as Inspiration Point, for panoramic views. Stop for the afternoon near the base of Yosemite Falls. If you have not already picked up picnic supplies, there are many options for getting lunch in the park. You will have 3-4 hours of free time to explore the valley as you choose.
Walk to the base of Yosemite Falls, visit the Ansel Adams Gallery, stop in at the Ahwahnee Hotel, or rent a cruiser bike. Alternatively, hike some of the trails that originate from the valley.
Your tour includes entrance to The Aquarium of the Bay and a custom reusable tote bag.
- Ticket for the Alcatraz night or day tour (depending on option chosen)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off for the Yosemite tour
- Yosemite entrance fee
- Transportation by biodiesel mini-coach
- Entrance to The Aquarium of the Bay
- Reusable tote bag
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from the Alcatraz Cruise
- Food and drinks
This activity is non-refundable
Know Before You Go
• Your Alcatraz tour is the date you choose at booking. The Yosemite tour takes place the following day at 06:00
• The local supplier reserves the right to modify or cancel tours due to lack of participation, vehicle breakdowns, or weather/road conditions
• The face value of your Alcatraz ticket is $42.50 (night) and $35.50 (day)
• You must provide the full name of all participants to receive your Alcatraz tickets (you will not receive the tickets or qualify for a refund if this information is not provided)