Urban Adventure Quest: 3-Hour Interactive Tour in San Diego
- Choose when to start and the pace of play
- Take your time, enjoy the game and the sights, or race to compete against other teams
- Begin at the Waterfront Park and make your way to Little Italy and other interesting places
- Play the game, see the sights, and experience San Diego in a whole new way
Guided from any smartphone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning about local history.
The adventure begins at the Waterfront Park and takes you on a well-designed course through Little Italy, the waterfront, and down to the war memorials. The tour involves approximately 2.5 miles of walking and uses the downtown transit system at one point in the game. Using a smart phone as your guide means that you can begin when you like and determine your own pace of play.
Stop for a stroll in the park or gelato in Little Italy. The Quest is offered at a fixed price per group rather than per person, making this city tour/game great value for those on a budget.
Points of Interest on Your Quest:
• Little Italy
• Maritime Museum
• USS Midway
• Bob Hope Memorial
• "Kissing the War Goodbye" Statue
- Smart phone scavenger hunt for 1 team
- Smart phone or iPad with internet capability
- Transportation to the starting point
Prepare for the activity
Travel by car or public transportation to: Waterfront Park, located at 1600 Pacific Highway. Parking is available at several lots in the area. You will start your Quest on the N. Harbor Drive side of the park. Be sure to begin your Quest early enough to finish before sunset.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• All the information you need to start your Quest will be sent to your smartphone, which will be your guide (you will not meet with an actual person)
• You may purchase your Quest days, weeks, or months before your adventure
• It's recommended to take water, snacks, money, a city map, calculator, pencil and paper, and, of course, a fully-charged smartphone