Immerse yourself in history and art on a 2.5 mile (2.5 hour) walking tour. Discover over 15 public art installations and 8 historic sites while strolling through downtown plazas and cultural park.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
The tour starts and ends at Main Plaza (Plaza de las Islas Canarias) located in downtown San Antonio, Texas. Physical address is 115 E Main Plaza, 78205. Tour Guide will meet you towards the middle of the plaza, directly across the plaza from San Fernando Cathedral. The Tour Guide will be wearing khaki or black pants/shorts, a name tag.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Outdoor clothing
- Luggage or large bags
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- This tour is a 2.5-mile walking tour along San Pedro Creek Culture Park and downtown plazas. Portions of the route are in direct sunlight.
- The tour lasts 2 to 2.5 hours and is almost entirely outdoors.
- Tour content and narration is geared towards teens and adults.
- We will be walking along city sidewalks, uneven cobblestone, crossing streets and walking on sidewalks along the Culture Park.
- The San Pedro Creek Culture Park is ADA accessible, offering both ramps and stairs to access the creek level sidewalks. The route will require either walking on ramps or stairs.
- There are some public restroom facilities along the route, but options are limited.
- There are limited places along tour route to purchase snack and/or water but there are a few public water fountains.
- We do not provide transportation. Public parking options are available near Main Plaza but we are not responsible for securing parking for clients. Main Plaza is within walking distance of many downtown hotels.