Spend a full day on an excursion to Purmamarca, the village situated at the base of 7 Colors Hill, and the vast salt plain of Salinas Grandes. You’ll see the Chañis volcano and explore San Antonio de los Cobres, where you’ll have a stop for lunch.
What to Expect
Your 12-hour trip begins in Salta and heads out along a route that parallels the Train to the Cloud's railway tracks at Quebrada del Toro.
When you arrive at San Antonio de los Cobres you’ll visit the Tastil ruins and then have 2 hours for lunch and a chance to explore the town.
Continue your trip along Route 40, crossing one of the region’s desert-like areas.
In the province of Jujuy, you’ll visit Salinas Grandes, where you’ll marvel at the vastness of the shiny salt plain. You’ll have views of the Chañis volcano, and then continue to the Saladillo cliff and Abra del
Head down to the Lipán cliff and you’ll come to Purmamarca, one of the most typical towns of Humahuaca Gorge, located at the base of the 7 Colors Hill.
Return to Salta after a brief stop to visit San Salvador de Jujuy.
- Round-trip transportation from downtown Salta hotels
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) professional tour guide
- Snack and non-alcoholic drinks during the tour
What's Not Included
- Optional gratuities
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 persons is required for the tour to operate
• If the minimum number is not reached, the tour is subject to cancelation, resulting in rescheduling or a refund