Hassel Island Kayak, Hike, & Snorkel (5 hrs. with lunch)Product ID: 28950
From $149 per personBook now
- Begin your adventure to the Historic Hassel Island with a ten-minute paddle bringing you to the Creque Marine Railway
- Learn about the history and significance of this unique historical site from your Professional Guide.
- Explore other historical sites from a collection of many before paddling over to a protected cove inside the National Park.
- Relax in the shade, cool off with a swim at the beach or snorkel over a coral reef.
- Visit Fort Willoughby and the Garrison House, which is currently being considered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A picnic lunch is included with the 5 hour tour!
- Professional, informative, and experienced guides with you all along the way!
Kayakers paddle twenty minutes to Fort Willoughby overlooking the entrance of the majestic harbor. Paddle past Danish and British Colonial ruins and Careening Cove. A brief hike brings you to Fort Willoughby and the Garrison House, Britain's most intact Naval Fort on US Soil from the Napoleonic era, which is currently being considered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Paddle to the historic Creque Marine Railway which is undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation by the Virgin Islands Park Service. The tour concludes with a visit to Garden Beach allowing you to to relax in the shade, cool off with a dip in the beach or enjoy a guided snorkel along a coral reef.
You will enjoy your picnic lunch at a scenic spot along the way. Depending upon weather conditions or guest preferences, a hike up to explore the British Naval Fort Shipley, 130', may be substituted for the paddle to Fort Willoughby. The hike is rugged and pants and closed shoes are strongly recommended. A picnic lunch is included with the 5 hour tour. This is a limited availability tour, be sure to make your reservation early so you don't miss the date(s) you want.
- All necessary safety, snorkel and kayak equipment
- Mesh bag
- Beverages and snacks
- Free lockers, dressing room & toilet facilities
- Lunch from a local deli!
- Gratuity for your guides
Your tour will leave from the CYOA dock in Frenchtown Marina (across from the restaurant Hook, Line & Sinker). Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour. Directions: Each of our locations are conveniently located on St. Thomas and St. John. For our Historic Hassel Island tour, you will meet your guide at the CYOA Marina in Frenchtown, Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our kayaks are easily seen on the fourth slip on the left as you walk onto the dock adjacent to the Hook, Line & Sinker Restaurant. (Open in Google Maps)
- Bathing suit
- Clothing that can get wet, hat, sunglasses etc. for sun protection
- Footwear that can get wet (watershoes or sandals), a strap around the heel recommended.
Product ID: 28950