Take your best chance to see the Northern Lights from Rovaniemi in small groups! With your personal guide and a minivan, you will explore the nature of Lapland and hunt the magical Aurora Borealis.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- If your accommodation is in Rovaniemi city center, it is requested that you walk to the activity provider's office, as this provider has attained the Sustainable Travel Finland badge for sustainable tourism operations in Finnish Lapland. Sustainable business operations are of utmost importance to to the activity provider and they have therefore decided to no longer do city pickups. If you are staying in the city center, they ask you to come to our office (our address: Rovakatu 24, 96200 Rovaniemi) and start the tour from there. If you are not staying in the city center and is your pickup location listed as an option? No problem! Please send the activity provider an email with your address and they take it from there. Please note that pickup service from accommodations outside the Rovaniemi city area (e.g. Apukka Resort) may be subject to a charge.
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- The timings depend on the time of year and on the Aurora forecast
- The Aurora specialist picks the latest time possible for the tour to ensure a good understanding of the weather for the night ahead
- In the middle of winter, the tour usually leaves between 7 PM and 9 PM every evening
- Visit up to 3 locations on any tour, taking the weather into consideration
- The operator always brings a professional camera on the tour, and the pictures will be emailed to you for free You will receive your photos ~1 day after you complete your tour with the activity provider. If the tour takes place on a Saturday, we will send the images 2 days later on Monday. The images will only be available for 7 days. After 7 days, the images are deleted. Please open the email and download the photos so you do not miss out on getting your professional photos from the tour