This is a full day snowmobile tour for those who really want to do snowmobiling and experience the best of Lapland wilderness. The journey takes us through the beautiful winterish forest where you make several stops on the way to enjoy the frozen nature.
What to Expect
There will be a longer break while you reach the Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge – a traditional lumberjack house nestled by the river of Raudanjoki. Delicious hot soup lunch will be prepared and eaten by a campfire to fill you up with warmth and extra energy. A little rest after the meal is great to combine with ice fishing. The guide will give you the equipment and after a little walk on the river ice, you will be instructed to drill a hole and set your fishing hook. Will you get the bite today?
Snowmobile safari will continue after the break. There are hundred of kilometers of wilderness trails to choose and the guide will decide the best possible direction based on your riding skills and weather conditions. On the way you are passing the traditional reindeer round about, wooden fences in the deep wilderness, where during the autumn the masses of reindeer are gathered. The guide will explain to you about its purpose during the “erotus” – the highlight of reindeer herders year. The second break in the forest camp will re-fill you with the warm drinks and sausages grilled on the fire and soon after that it is time to turn back towards home.
2 adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge. Snowmobile safaris start and end in the Wild Nordic office located at the Santa Claus Village. You can skip return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Soup lunch and hot drinks prepared at the campfire
- Snack break at the forest camp
Know Before You Go
• Please note you will stay outdoors for minimum 8 hours and have long snowmobile ride. The tour is not recommended for children under 12 years.
• The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland.)
• The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date
• The guidance is in English, other languages on request
• The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.