Combine the unique crater walking experience with rafting on the Kaituna. An all-day combo taking you from the volcanic crater of Mt Tarawera, to the Okere section of the Kaituna River where you will raft the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
For the Tarawera tour: Meet at the Main Car Park on Hemo Road, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua 3015. Look for the Wheelhouse Cafe. For the rafting tour: Meet at 1135 Te Ngae Road, Tikitere, Rotorua 3074.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- The minimum age requirement is 13 years
- Only a moderate level of fitness required
- You are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks
- Changing rooms with lock boxes are available onsite
- Go-Pros may be worn on a chest mount subject to the guide's discretion
- There is plenty of free parking available on site
- Bring your swimwear and a towel
- Courtesy transport is available from all central Rotorua accommodation including the Rotorua Information Centre
- Photos of your experience will be available for purchase per photo or the entire album, either at the River base after your trip or online once you arrive home
- From first timers to white rafting enthusiasts, there's something for everyone