The healing properties of Hells Gate mud and sulphur mineral water have been used by local Māori for over 800 years. Open and clean your skin by lathering it in a unique type of mud, before exfoliating and cleansing with a soak in the sulphur spa.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Host or greeter
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere, RotoruaOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Food and drinks
- Unaccompanied minors
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- The mud bath has a time limit of 20 minutes once a day for health and safety reasons
- The minimum age for the mud baths is 2.5 years of age, whereas for the sulfur spa it is 6 months
- The chemical makeup of the mud and water will tarnish most jewelry, particularly silver, it is recommended to remove it and wait 24 to 48 hours to put it back on
- Your swimwear and towels will have a sulfur smell to them after your experience and will need to be cleaned thoroughly.
- Changing rooms, shower facilities, and disabled facilities are available on site