Enjoy a unique holidaying experience with a fun sledging trip on the Kaituna River. You'll be in charge of your own vessel and propelled by the flippers on your feet. Relax under the expert care of your experienced Kiwi guides.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Changing rooms with lock boxes are available onsite
- Each journey is approximately 3.5-hours from pick-up to drop off. You can self-drive the river base, located 15-minutes from the Rotorua city center
- The minimum age requirement is 13-years
- Go-Pros may be worn on a chest mount subject to the guide's discretion
- There is plenty of free parking available on site
- Bring your swimwear and a towel
- Courtesy transport is available from all central Rotorua accommodation including the Rotorua Information Centre by prior arrangement
- Photos of your experience will be available for purchase per photo or the entire album, either at the river base after your trip or online once you arrive home