Combine a relaxing mud bath and sulphur spa experience with an exploration of Rotorua's most active thermal park at Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere, RotoruaOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Alcohol and drugs
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Guided tours run daily at 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM (October 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023), subject to availability
- The mud bath has a time limit of 20 minutes per person per visit for health and safety reasons
- The minimum age for the mud baths is 2.5 years old. For the sulfur spa, the minimum age is 6 months old. Children must be aged 12 and over to participate in the carving
- Your swimwear and towels will have a sulfur smell to them after your experience and will need to be cleaned thoroughly. It is recommended to use old swimwear. Renting or buying swim items from Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa is also an option, subject to availability
- The chemical makeup of the spa's muds and waters will tarnish most jewelry, particularly silver. It is recommended to wait 24 to 48 hours to put it back on after your visit
- Some spa services are subject to availability